Providing Innovative Route to Market Solutions
Brands Africa Zimbabwe was established in 2011 and was a consolidation of several smaller distribution companies, namely I. Fintz (Personal and Homecare), Amakai (Beverage and Fine Food) & Brands Direct (Cosmetics and Confectionary). It is now one of the leading FMCG sales and distribution companies in Zimbabwe, with a well-deserved reputation for attention to detail, innovation and world-class service delivery.
Brands Africa represents both international and local principals exclusively and provides national distribution to all formal retail and wholesale chains as well as the informal sector.
Our sales and merchandising team of 105 people services stores throughout Zimbabwe and a fleet of over 40 vehicles ensure efficient distribution coverage nationally. Brands Africa’s warehouses are located in Harare and Bulawayo and offer 10,200m2 of ambient and temperature-controlled storage space.
PERSONAL CARE & COSMETICS
BEVERAGES, ALCOHOL & TOBACCO
FINE FOODS & CONFECTIONARY
Our Management Team
JANINE HALSTED (COMMERCIAL EXECUTIVE)
- A committed FMCG sector professional, with over 30 years’ experience in developing, managing and maintaining prime brand positioning through effective and efficient internal and external relationships, detailed product and market knowledge and consistent effort and application.
- Janine has well developed interpersonal skills and an open and result-based management style.
- Consistency, strong ethics, determination, perseverance and compassion are Janine’s key attributes which she applies in both her personal and business life
- Janine started her career in the cosmetic industry, has experience in manufacturing and export. Brands Africa is the third company she has been with – MD Cosmetic Business; Consultant Listed Company were her previous positions.
TAWANDA CHIRISA (COUNTRY HR BUSINESS PARTNER)
- Has practised in the mining, engineering and FMCG sectors amassing 10+ years’ experience at management level.
- Tawanda is a holder of an honours degree in human resources management from the Midlands State University and is a member of the Institute of People Management Zimbabwe.
JOKONIAH GOMBA (OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE)
- An experienced Marketing, Sales and Operations Executive having worked in a number of industries ranging from Public service, Financial Services, Beverages and FMCG over a period spanning 24 years.
- Spent 10 years working in Sales and Operations for the leading Beverage conglomerate in Zimbabwe, Joe spearheaded the setting up of stock feeds business under the brand Country Feeds.
- Joe joined Brands Africa in February 2016 as Sales Manager for Southern Region before being to the current position of Operations Executive
- Joe holds a number of qualifications namely MSc in Strategic Management (CUT Zim), B.Tech Marketing (UNISA RSA), Chartered Post Graduate Diploma Marketing (CIM UK), Graduate Diploma Marketing (IMM RSA). He is a consultant in Sales, Marketing and Logistics.
JOHNSON MATAVIRE (FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION EXECUTIVE)
- A Finance professional with at least 10 years of accounting, auditing and risk management.
- After completing his honours accounting degree with the Africa University served his articles with Deloitte & Touche.
- Gained valuable experience working in professional practice regionally and internationally and also at local a listed entity.
Stand Number 809
Prospect Industrial Park
Cranborne Avenue West
Tel: +263 86 77 00 4733
20 Khami Road
Tel: +263 29 2881650 / 273369